Thursday, May 1, 2014

U.S. visit

My recent visit to the U.S. can best be described in one word “COLD”

Within hours of touching down in Washington DC, my connecting flight to Tennessee was cancelled and I got to spend my first night stateside sleeping in the airport.
Not me...but you get the picture!
Over the course of the next weeks, snow and bitter cold would close schools and businesses more than a few times.....and wreak havoc across the country.
A freak ice storm in Atlanta GA stranded thousands of people on the road. 
One the bright side...while it was cold outside, I got to spend some quality time with my family inside!  Of course my grandchildren are a highlight of every visit. This year's special treat was meeting my newest granddaughter Miley-Grace. 
Her bright blue eyes and winsome smile won me over immediately!
L to R: Grandchildren Timber, Miley-Grace, Addison & Dakota.
The snow days made for some great fun! 
Camping inside....oh boy!
Mom and one of her "boys" Hefner

Sorry to say I did not take many pictures this trip (except of the gandkids lol!) but also enjoyed visiting with several of New Hope's ministry partners. 

This included meeting with individuals and speaking with the 'Women on Missions' at Rocky Point Baptist Church and the congregation of Heritage Fellowship.     

All in all a great visit.......in spite of the bad weather!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment